Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12/10/08


Just some candy in the wrapper today. Love these at this time of year. :)

How many of you love Handel's Messiah?

I can remember in college when I was taking Music Appreciation... and truly began to appreciate classical music in a way I never realized before. I had excerpts from Messiah on tape for class (this was before CD's and ipods, people...). I played parts of it over and over and enjoyed hearing "For unto us a child is born... unto us... a son is given... unto us... a son is given...." Are you singing it now in your head like I am??? Something just wells up inside of me when I hear all of that. Here is the verse from where Handel wrote it:

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Maybe I need to go find my CD of this..... :)

...9 more days!

2 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kelli, Your candy pictures in the two posts are amazing! I took that class in college too! LOL! Funny, I dreaded it, but really enjoyed it too! We had to attend concerts at area churches and the college, and they were really good! I had forgotten about The Messiah! Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to look on Playlist right now! :) ~Rhonda

Amy said...

Oh, the candy is so pretty!!! And I just love Handel's Messiah. :)