Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/14/08


Just some random ornaments tonight. I put another view of the tricycle in here tonight as well. I just love that little ornament. The teddy bear one has Wesley's initial on the block and was made when he and Mikayla were around one, I think. I couldn't find Mikayla's on the tree but hers looks basically like his. lol The red and green ornament was made one year during my craft days at school. The snowman is glittery and I love stuff that sparkle so he's a fave.




Do you realize 2 months from today is Valentine's Day? Thought I'd throw THAT out at ya. :)


5 more days!!

I forgot to say what Steve told me last Sunday about where we are going. He told me to have an "open mind" about where we are staying and that camping out is GREAT fun. (He knows I can't handle camping at all....) Then, he said that he bought me a new fishing rod for this adventure and we're going to "FISH CAMP." He loves torturing me. Actually, I am thankful he hasn't mentioned one TRUE thing. I am LOVING not knowing where I am going this weekend. I am so excited!!


Last night when we went to A Christmas Carol I ran into one of my "old" friends and fellow blogger!! We haven't seen each other, truly, since right after my wedding 15 years ago. It was the funniest thing because this is how she knew I was there:

During the performance the "Scrooge" always asks for a little person to come up on stage for him to do "Scrooge's Amazing Trick" and the kid has to have a dollar. Wesley has wanted to do this for a few years and never been big enough, wild enough, or loud enough to get picked. Well, this year he was psyched. He brought his own dollar and was on the edge of his seat from the time the performance began. I told him to jump up and yell when the time came. My little guy came through and jumped up when Scrooge started his search and began yelling "HEY!! PICK ME!! " It was hilarious, but my little guy was chosen!!! He proudly went on stage and when Scrooge asked him his name, Wesley quietly said his name and Scrooge thought he said "LESLIE!" HAHHAHAHA... poor Wes was called "Leslie" or "Big Les" the rest of the evening. ha!!!!

While Wesley was on stage, my "old friend" began to realize Wesley looked familiar and that his name was NOT "Leslie!" She leaned over to her Mom and said "That is Kellie's little boy... and his name is WESLEY!" ha!! During intermission she came over to our seats. She knew then where we were sitting because Scrooge had told Wesley when his dollar "disappeared" in the hat trick to go look under his seat and it would be there. The huge spotlight followed him back to his seat and everyone laughed when Wesley didn't find his dollar there. (Later in the show when Scrooge became "good" he invited Wesley ("Leslie") back up on stage and he actually got TWO dollars out of the hat. :) )

Back to my friend... when she came to find us I looked at her and my eyes grew HUGE, I know. It had been so long... too long.. since we had seen each other in person. I had written her a Christmas card and told her I had hoped to see her in 2009... well, we made it right before 2008 was done. It was so great talking to her and seeing her again. Of all places, too!!! SO... HEY Gretchen!!! :)

Another funny was that Wesley's and Mikayla's Kindergarten Assistant was there last night, too, and came to find Wesley during the intermission so he could autograph her playbill. ha!! Of all times I couldn't have a camera. What a memory we made....

By the way, Wesley has HATED being called "Leslie".. but we have picked on him all day about it. he hee... Parent/Family torture.

Busy weekend... busy week ahead, but school is out Friday and I am going to be glad for a bit of time off. :)

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Sounds like the kids are feeling better. That's good.

Tell Wesley the "name" thing happens to all of us. Can't count how many times Sal became "Al" or "Saul". :-)

Amy said...

How neat that Wesley got picked this year.

So you still don't know where you are going for your trip? Steve is good at keeping a secret! I can not wait to find out. I know you are excited!!

Gretchen said...

HOW FUN it was to see your little 'Leslie' up on the stage. Even more fun to see YOU in person. And we got it in before 2009.

What a blessing friendship is... new and old.
See, technology isn't evil. We wouldn't have reconnected if it weren't for some keystrokes! :o)