Sunday, December 21, 2008

12/21/08

Miss me?

I must admit... I didn't miss you all so much.

I was enjoying my wonderful weekend with my wonderful husband. I guess you can see I didn't try really hard to find an "internet cafe" or anything of the sort.

Can you tell from this first picture which way we headed?


My sweet husband surprised me with the most wonderful trip to the mountains of NC.... Asheville, to be exact. We stayed in the most glorious Bed and Breakfast near Asheville and then did the Candelight Tour last night at the Biltmore. WOW... beautiful and I couldn't even capture it with my camera. He took me out to one of the restaurants on the Biltmore Estate before we went on the tour. We also went to the Grovepark Inn earlier yesterday to see the Gingerbread Houses that are displayed there every year with the competition that is held. (We met a really nice couple at the B&B and we actually went with them!) Today, we went to Chimney Rock and back to Biltmore one last time before heading home. It all went too fast.

It was a truly romantic weekend with no TV, phone (except for our cell phones if we needed them), or computer. We've never stayed in such a place before.... here are a few photos of where we stayed. I'll share more photos later of this place and the places we went.


My Christmas present from Steve this year was magical. I'll never forget the precious time I spent with him - just the two of us.

Now... back to reality.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a nice little vacation and Christmas present.
Glad you had a nice weekend, mine was spend cleaning a nasty sypware bug from my PC...would have much rather been in the mountains :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Wow!! I knew it was going to be great! The Biltmore is one place that I want to see-especially at Christmas! The B&B looked very romantic! Good job, Steve!! :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas present weekend. What a nice start to your time off. See you in a few days.

wendy said...

you lucky, lucky girl! sounds like you two had an amazing time together :)

Morgan said...

The Biltmore was sooooo swirling thru my head this wkend as you know it is MY ultimate Christmas trip every year--except for this year b/c of the move. Wasn't it just GORGEOUS!!! The B&B looks beautiful. Can't wait to see some more pictures......

I've never been able to get Sal to go with me. He doesn't know what he's missing!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie you have! I am SO glad you two were able to have some beautiful time by yourselves! I am so happy for you both! Thanks for sharing pictures with us...it looks too pretty for words almost! Love you~ Kathryn

mc said...

What a man, what a couple!!! Now, I am truly jealous- the mountains of NC.- at Christmas!!!! Did you see any snow?- MCH

Amy said...

WOW, what a gorgeous room!!! Sounds absolutely fabulous, can't wait to see more pics. :)

Amy said...

Wow!!! I know y'all had a wonderful time together. The place is just beautiful!!! What an amazing husband you have there!!