Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12/17/08

2 more days!

The play is OVER!! :) Whew...


It went beautifully today. I was able to "sit back" and enjoy it better than yesterday. This play is my most favorite and every time I have heard it, it touches my heart. I am going to show pics of Wesley and Mikayla in the play as well as parts of the play. I wish you all could have seen it. (Let's just say it is quite difficult trying to direct the play and take pictures of your children at the same time....)

Mikayla as a tree singing in the "I Have A Dream" song. Mikayla's group sang the special part for "Annabelle".... the tree that wanted to hold beautiful treasure. She ended up holding treasure.... the treasure of Jesus in the manger.



Wesley dressed as the tree "Gabriel."



Wesley's answer to what his dream is: "I have the grandest dream of all. I just want to stay here in the forest forever. What could be better than standing on this hillside and pointing people toward God?"

Wesley says to the other trees: "Shh... Shh.... The Woodcutters are coming the Woodcutters are coming!"

The Woodcutters chopping down the tree. Wesley's character didn't want to be cut down and so he bowed his head in disappointment.

The Narrator talking after the tree that became the fishing boat where Jesus preached: "Not long after that, Jesus faced another storm, one He chose not to silence. He was accused and called guilty. He was betrayed and beaten.

Then soldiers took His clothes and led him through the streets to a hill where they nailed Him...to a tree...a tree that dreamed of standing tall and pointing people to God."


The "Soldiers" took Wesley up the steps to the "Hill of Calvary" and put him up. He was so ashamed and hung his head. Then, one of the "Roman Soldiers" said "Truly this man was the Son of God!" and bowed before the cross. Wesley's character, "Gabriel", then raised his head because he knew his dream really had come true.



The last little guy in the play said this: "So what do we plant when we plant the tree? We plant a story for all to read, of the manger that grew from a tiny seed, the boat on the Sea of Galilee, the cross that was raised at Calvary. That’s what we plant when we plant the tree."


We then sang this song. First time we sung it was a small group, the second time was the entire "cast" of the play. The words are beautiful:


Let me live to serve You Lord

Trading all my dreams for Yours.

Help me each day, to trust You more.

Let me live to serve you Lord.


Looking back now its so easy to see

All of the blessings You've given to me.

You've shown me that You are the Lord above all,

So keep me from praying a prayer...

That's too small.


Let me live to serve You Lord

Trading all my dreams for Yours.

Help me each day, to trust You more.

Let me live to serve you Lord.


I have thought of this so much as we have practiced this play. So many times what WE plan is not what God plans. When we look back on those times we can truly see how God saw the bigger picture and His way was so much better... it was perfect.





4 comments:

High5Hughes said...

That sure is one cute Roman Soldier! The play was wonderful today! You guys worked very hard and it definately paid off!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Glad it went so well. The kids always do a great job with the plays and performances. :-)

Morgan said...

I love the pictures!!! I get over how big your kids have gotten......

wendy said...

I love the simplicity of the little tree costumes. Now, is this just for 2nd grade or are you directing a whole school play? Are you just the drama person and someone else is in charge of music? Our concert for tonight is cancelled. We had our 3rd snowday today.