Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12/16/08

3 more days!

We survived the Dress Rehearsal today. The kids really did a great job. Other than sound issues (which we seem to always have with little people voices) the kids did wonderful. Tomorrow... and it will be done. :) I'll show pics tomorrow.

I thought I'd share a few pics from my baking weekend. I always bake for friends/family/parents at school. Kevin and Mom helped me out a bunch. Kevin always decides my "theme" and tells me what to do. Really.... he tells me what to do. I know that shocks most of you that know us. ha!!! He laughs at me because I can get a bit "panicky" in the kitchen. I always get that way with brittle. We were all a bit tired, but livened up as the weekend went on. My Mom is going to "kill" me for putting this picture up:

Daddy and Mikayla helped, too. Wesley was too busy playing with his Lincoln Logs or his Christmas train. :)


Here is what I made: Spicy Oatmeal Crisps (no real pictures of these as we were busier than a one armed paper hanger at that time), Cream Cheese Truffles (some dipped in chocolate, some dipped in cocoa, others in powdered sugar), Homemade Pimiento Cheese (again.. done while Kevin and I were working on truffles, so no pics of that, either) , Sausage Balls, Coconut Cashew Brittle. ALL were sampled and ALL were quite tasty. :)



Little treat bags of the goodies :)


Sausage balls!

The "other" truffles

Me working on my fourth batch of Coconut Cashew Brittle. I may make that for the fair next year. :)

Just to prove I really was doing something and not staging a picture. lol

This brittle is SO stinkin' good...

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Look at you working in the kitchen and slavng over the over. :-)

Spicy oatmeal sounds interesting.

Amy said...

Oh my it all looks SO GOOD!!!!!!!!! Those pictures are making me hungry :-) What wonderful gifts to give. I know everyone will enjoy getting them!

High5Hughes said...

Loved Loved Loved the brittle! (I actually really enjoyed everything!) The oatmeal crisps were my second favorite! All that is left now is a little pimiento cheese! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We love and appreciate you (and the goodies!!!) so very much!