Tuesday, August 30, 2011

08/30/11

I think I may have already posted this picture.

So sorry if it is a repeat. 

My life is crazy right now.

In my devotions last night the Lord gave me verses I have needed lately. 

I love how He does that.

Here are the verses I read last night:

Psalm 61:1-2
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed.  Lead me to the rock that is higher than I;

That would be me... the overwhelmed one.

I know I have spoken about this a lot recently.

Those first weeks of school can just be so overwhelming getting back into the swing of things.  Add on the fact that I am in Powerpoint mode trying to help my kids at school and then added things going on in my personal life, overwhelmed for me would be an understatement.  :)

Yesterday morning it was quite insane... we needed to remember that Wesley had band and needed his trumpet.  Mikayla had viola and needed to take it to school.  She had piano yesterday afternoon... and forgot her piano books.  Steve had to come bring them to school.  This on top of their regular needs to remember for school.

My day was crazy.  I had much to do and had to remember all things that needed to be done.  Even with sticky notes my brain was still in overdrive!

I am just so thankful that on days I feel SO overwhelmed, I can cry to the Lord and He hears me.  I can be lead to the ROCK that is higher than me. 

I don't have to do it alone.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Hang in there, it'll get better. It always does. I'm on overdrive myself, trying to pack up the house, set up a classroom, and figure out what to do with kindergarteners. The paint chips at Lowe's last night about threw me over the edge.

Sandy said...

It's surprising sometimes how overwhelmed we can get, yet other times we seem to "sail through" times that would seem overwhelming. You certainly have good reason, so I'm praying that you will soon settle into a routine that will be comfortable & not leave you frazzled.