Sunday, August 28, 2011

08/28/11

Romans 8:18, 26
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
...the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;

Trials come.

They come in all shapes and sizes.

We all have them.

I am writing this post for myself... but also for any others who may be "at the end of their rope."

This past week a sweet friend found out her husband lost his job... again... and it feels as if it is the fortieth time in the last few years.

There were no words I, or anyone, could say to comfort them.

These are the times we come before the Father and say "I just don't understand."

He then lovingly reminds us that He is seeing the entire picture.

He sees what will bring Him glory.

He sends His Spirit to speak for us...to speak those words of sorrow or helplessness that cannot be put into words.

There are others who are going through a trial today that may be only felt in the heart.. no one knows.

GOD DOES.

I have to be continually reminded that God IS in control even when I feel my world is spinning rapidly OUT of control.

He holds the future.

He does provide.

He will never let us go.

It is during those times that we must hold fast to Him and look to Him.

He may not reveal His reasonings behind the trial right now, but one day... we will know.

These are the times that we rejoice in praise to God knowing He knows all.

I Peter 1:7
that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

No comments: