Monday, August 08, 2011

08/08/11

Here are some dead flowers.

You may wonder why I have captured dead flowers. 

Well, it is because I thought even in their dead state they still looked neat.
 
Here are what Mikayla Girl's flowers look like when they are alive and well sitting in my "new" vase... a white wine vinegar bottle.  I have used so much of that this summer with my jelly that I own stock in it.  Oh, wait... maybe not stock.  Not with how things are in the market these days.  I digress... these flowers brighten up the area by my sink.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love our new counter tops? 

 
So today was my last day of summer.
I am in denial... yet, not. 
I cannot complain about my summer.  It has been wonderful.  For the first month or so I just enjoyed each day as it came.  

As the time grew closer to school beginning I went in to overdrive.  Powerpoint presentations and surfing the information highway became a consuming fire in me.  It has still not been quenched as I begin to see other things I need to do.

I have spent a lot of quality time with my computer.

Today I have decided that I would have none of that.

I wanted it to be a day where I did some things I wanted to do and will not be able to do for a while now.

We went to the mall shopped around a bit. 

The Lego store is REALLY LOUD.

We searched for some things that we couldn't find.  

Typical of moments at the mall, huh?

We met Steve at lunch and ate popcorn.

Why did we have that for lunch?

We went to see a movie with the kids. 

We then ran a couple more errands and came back home.

I found what I had been looking for online and bought them there.

I laid on the couch and read... and had my children around me.

Wesley was creating a boat out of foam stuff and cardboard.

Mikayla was reading.

I fell asleep.

It was glorious.

As I begin the craziness of life tomorrow, my only desire is to keep everything balanced.  I have lots going on in my life right now and I don't want to miss out on my Lord or my family in the busyness.

When you hear from me again I'll be back in the throws of teaching excitement.  Don't be surprised if this week I take the time to remember my summer moments...... sigh.

Here is a song I just love.  Enjoy.... I think as you hear it you will understand my need for posting it today.  :)


4 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

Love this song. I am sorry that we only have one week left. Sorry for you that it starts tomorrow. Went swimming with Leslie Hall and Darcy today-Lots of fun. We are trying to go to bed earlier this week to get in sink for school.

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a great way to end the freedom of summer. Hope your day is great tomorrow!

Kelly said...

Love that song too. Glad you guys had a good summer. Can't believe it is already over, but ready or not school always comes. :o) Hope you have a great year!

SandyM said...

My flowers have done horribly this year (not going to try Gerbra daisies again!) So I enjoyed seeing Mikayla's beautiful flowers.