Tuesday, August 02, 2011

08/02/11


There are three important words we must remember each and every day:

I LOVE YOU.

Too many times we fail to say those words to those we love.

Too many times we think they *know.*

We need to hear them.

We need to say them.

It doesn't need to be only when things are "perfectly right with the world," either.

I have gotten into the habit of just randomly saying "I love you" to Steve, Wesley and Mikayla.  We can be riding down the road and it will come across my mind and I'll just tell them those precious words. 

It is rubbing off on my kiddos.  We were in my room at school yesterday and out of the blue one of them said "I love you, Momma!" 

I am finding when I am aggravated at them for something, I am learning to stop and say "I love you!" instead of going on and on in my mind.. (or to them!) about what is aggravating me.

I'll be honest here.. this one above is one I have recently started doing.  It helps... A LOT.

I love to tell Steve out of the blue and "just because."  I want it to be said when he least expects it, but needs to hear it anyway.

He'll do the same for me.

I challenge you.... start saying "I love you" to your spouse and kids out of the blue several times a day. 

LOVE IS WORTH IT.

3 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

I was challenged about that once at Mothers of Preschoolers meeting at Valentines times. She said you say I love you to your kids all the time but do you say it to your husband? I really had to stop and think about that and I have made it a point to say it more to my husband.

Mich said...

It makes my mommy heart smile when my kids still say "I love you" even in front of friends.

Great reminder.

Amy said...

Challenge taken! :)