Wednesday, August 17, 2011

08/17/11

Y'all.

I am beyond exhausted.

I have forgotten, apparently, just how mind-numbing the first of school is for a teacher.

It isn't that things are bad!  The kids are doing great! 

I am amazed at  how quickly that rested feeling from summer goes away. :) 

It is just that I am non-stop, talking, reminding, helping, walking, moving, remembering, etc.... and that is from 5:00AM.

My body couldn't take more of it this afternoon.

Instead of a walk... I took a nap.

I needed a longer one.

I know I would have fallen asleep tonight with no problem.

I found this quote in one of my books a student gave me last year and it made me laugh... and it is fitting for how my body feels today!

"Teachers can be found after school - taking aspirin, washing blackboards (white boards today!), rehearsing plays, sewing costumes for Christmas pageants - and just sitting at a desk waiting for the strength to go home."  - Dan Valentine

3 comments:

wendy said...

The last part of that quote is totally true. I just couldn't sit there for very long though because then I'd get stuck in that blasted traffic. Thank you for praying for me to find a job :)

Sharen said...

Ditto and amen!

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

I'm sure the kids adore you just like I did. :)