Friday, August 05, 2011

08/05/11

A little lichen and moss anyone?  I am quite fascinated by the stuff.  Just don't let any creepy crawlies come out while I am photographing it or you'll have a crazed woman holding a camera high above her head running away.
I am not sure if any of you reading this have followed the news closely on all of these horrific murders that have been happening.

I realize that murders have been happening since Cain killed Abel, but it surely does seem that they are getting to be more and more... and WEIRD these days.

This afternoon we went with my Mom and Dad to our wonderful place of cheeseburgers... Siler City Stockyards.  On the way we were talking about some of the murders that have taken place.  The adults were kind of talking in code, but my little thinker Wesley was asking questions left and right.  He was chewing on what was going on.  I don't like to share much about those types of things with the kids because I do want to keep them as innocent for as long as possible, but I also know that they are hearing it when we watch the news and I would rather them ask US the questions than someone else.  Gone are the days when talking in code works on everything.

We were discussing one case in particular... one that involved an 11 year old boy who was abducted in New York City and murdered.  His body was violated after the murder.  It was sickening... and as I read it I began to think of my own two who are the same age.  We were discussing how horrible it was that the man chose to kill this little guy.  We talked about how this man is saying he is not guilty, but he has given the cops the whereabouts of where the child's remains were taken and had proof of things in his kitchen.  I was just saying I couldn't understand why the guy was saying he was not guilty.

As we were discussing this, my little guy leaned over to me in the truck and whispered:

"But God still loves that man."

Choke.

It has stuck with me all day.  It even brings tears to my eyes right now as I am typing.  Yes, God still loves that man.

That man in all of his choices of doing what he did.... is just a sinner like me.

When we see horrific things like this in the news... or even experience them in our lives... we forget that those people are loved by the same Lord and Savior that we are.  He gave His life for them, too. 

This has brought to mind the song "Not Guilty" by Mandisa.  I know I have done wrong things in my life.  I have made terrible choices, but Jesus stands before God, holds out His hands and proclaims me "Not Guilty."

This little reminder from my little guy today has made me realize how much prayer these people need.  Their choices have consequences, and they need a Savior.  They need to know spiritually that they can be "Not Guilty."

Enjoy her song:

2 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

Wow, That Wesley, What a mature guy. That would have hit me like a ton of bricks.

Mich said...

Out of the mouths of babes, comes some of the greatest reminders in life.

What an incredible little man you have.