Tuesday, August 09, 2011

08/09/11

So, I survived my first day back at school.  It was actually great seeing everyone again.  It is also nice that the room is so clean.... they get all crazy when school begins with the kids.  
:)

 So... I told you I was going to be remembering my summer this week.  Here are pictures from our trip to Raven Rock State Park about 45 minutes from home.  We went with my bestie and her girls.  (As a sweet courtesy to her, she is not in any of the pictures you see... we were a bit hot, humid and gross. lol)

This is one of her daughters affectionately known to me as "Sassy."  She is a hoot.  She worked so "hard" at holding up this rock.
 My sweet ones.... sweating.
 This is her other daughter affectionately called "Morgy" by most of us.
 Here we are walking through the forest on probably the most humid day we had experienced so far in the summer.  We were all wet.... except for Mikayla who literally only "glistens." 
 Mikayla and "Sassy" are quite the BFF's themselves.  I thought it was so sweet they were holding hands.
 Here is the Cape Fear River.  These were the "falls" of the river which are actually rapids.  We stopped here and had lunch.  Of course, this was our main destination and we were kind of tired when we got here so OF COURSE we would eat here.
 Enjoying our picnic lunch.
 This area was really neat.  Loved watching the water flow by.
 Me and Morgy
 More of the beautiful water.
 All of the kids before we headed back to the van.
 Here is a teeny tiny frog Wesley found.
We hiked around 6 miles that day!  It was great, but would have been nicer if it wasn't so humid.  We did manage to have a scare on the trail... we think it was a bunny.... that caused a few of us (who shall remain nameless) to jump around and cry out from fear.  Nothing like the joys of the outdoors.

No matter what, it was a great day just to spend with friends.  Memories were made and some are still laughed about to this moment.  Actually... many are still laughed about. :)

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

So glad your first day was great. Let the games begin! Right? :)

wendy said...

I still can't believe you're back in school. It seems sooooo early to me. Glad it went well. I'm sure you'll have those kiddos whipped into shape in no time.

PS - you are always welcome here should you decide to venture to the amazing pacific northwest ;)

SandyM said...

I think we will have to check out this place... in cooler weather!
Glad school is starting out on a good note for you!!!