Thursday, August 11, 2011

08/11/11

Ahh.... the beautiful beach. 
I know most people absolutely love the beach.
And I do love the beach.... but not as much as the mountains.  

Don't hate me for saying that.

Something about all that sand that gets everywhere kind of drives me crazy.  I do, however, love the ocean and the sounds there. 

 We went to the beach for the day with my bestie and her girls.  This is an annual tradition that we just love to do.
 Loved how the waves were coming in that day.  It was more calm.
 Mikayla Girl in the water.  She was loving the swimming.
 Wesley was walking around with his net most of the day.... trying to catch fish.  He caught a few.
 Walking and swimming.  We went on a two hour walk up and down the beach.  It was so nice.
 If you click on this picture you can see the house on the left side.  That is the house where Sleeping with the Enemy, the movie from 1991 with Julia Roberts, was filmed.  Kind of cool, huh?
 Shell Island.  Just beautiful.
 Poor Morgy dragging all her peeps behind her.
 There were actually a lot of jellyfish on the beach that day.
 Me with my sweet ones.
 The besties.
 The traditional beach pic of the kiddos.
 My sweeties toes in the sand.
Looking all gross from the day we always go out to eat before heading home.  Most every year we eat at Elijah's Restaurant in downtown Wilmington on the waterfront.  It was just as scrumptious this year as it has been in the past.
All in all a wonderful day and special memories made... 

Ok.. so the beach isn't THAT bad... just wish I didn't bring all that sand home.

No comments: