Wednesday, August 03, 2011

08/03/11


I played with jalapenos again today.

 Mom and Dad have had some of the most beautiful ones this year.  They grow all different kinds of peppers, too.  Most of them are super hot.  We like to cut them up and put them over some of our veggies.

I made guacamole with some of their peppers last night.  It hasn't lasted long.  I see more in the near future being made.

I even looked up some recipes that have jalapenos in them.  The ones I found looked good.. just not sure I have what it takes to make them.... we'll see.
 I made my next batches of jalapeno jelly today.  I stood for probably a couple of hours just cutting most of those beautiful jalapenos above into small pieces.

Before I cut them into small pieces I had to take the seeds and ribs out of them.  I want the jelly to have some "punch" with it, but I don't want people to become fire eating dragons while eating it.

A good way to get out seeds and ribs is to use a grapefruit spoon.  Works beautifully!
 I then separated all of the jalapenos into batch bowls.  That made it SO much easier when I began cooking.
Here is the almost finished product.  This time I couldn't find any colored jalapeno like last time so I decided to add a bit of food coloring to it.  I really like the way it looks!  Won't that look beautiful over some cream cheese with some crackers on the side?
Now after standing mostly all day in my kitchen... it is time for me to finish cleaning up said kitchen.

Did this make you want to taste some??????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your really do tease our taste buds with these types of posts you know. I'm sure you are going to be so glad you did all this canning during the summer when you're enjoying all these goodies when the weather is cold.

kim