Friday, August 27, 2010

08/27/10

Today is my sweet Steve's birthday. I am so thankful for the day he entered the world and the Lord claimed him as mine. :)


In honor of my sweet Steve here is one of his favorite scenes from Maine. We enlarged this and he put it in his office at work.
Here is another funny from today. A second grader not in my class asked me this:

Child: "Where are you from?"

ME: "I am from around 8 minutes from here."

Child: "But where are you from? Where did you grow up?"

ME: "I grew up around 8 minutes from here."

Child: "Oh, I thought you were from another country because of the way you talk."

ME: "You think I am from another country?"

Child: "Yes."

ME: "Where are you from?"

Child: "North America."

ME: "I'm from North America, too.... why do you think I am from another country, though?"

Child: "Because you talk so different."

ME: "I'm just SOUTHERN, dear."

ANOTHER Child says: "Yeah, she just has a southern ACCIDENT."

That has made me and one of my team teachers laugh A LOT today. :) Hope it makes you chuckle, too. Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the picture! No wonder Steve wanted that one for his office.
I had a good laugh over the comments from the student... LOL!

wendy said...

Happy birthday to Steve! Kids say the craziest things at school. That's one part of back to school I'm looking forward to.

PS - I think you should post pictures of your classroom.

Gretchen said...

Happy birthday to your man!

Such a funny story!!!