Tuesday, August 10, 2010

08/10/10

Twenty-five desks cleaned.

A big desk (mine!)that was finally cleared off and cleaned by 2:00 today.

Twenty-five orientation booklets on those clean desks.

Twenty-five lollipops, bookmarks and pencils on those clean desks.

I am ready to begin another year.

I am excited to see how the Lord will work in the lives of these children who will now become affectionately known as "Mrs. Fowler's chil'ren."

Tomorrow is the big day!!

More beautiful views from Maine.... still in Acadia as will most of the pictures I show from Maine will be! I just wish you could have seen in person what is captured in these photographs.




I couldn't get enough of the water rushing over the rocks.


Salt left on the rocks from the sea water after it had evaporated. You truly may need to click on this one to view it better!

As we walked along these areas I couldn't help humming the hymn "He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rocks...."


This is Thunder Hole... where the water comes in this narrow passageway and makes a thunderous sound when it hits the rocks.

Water was rushing in....

Crashing against the cave of the rock.... we were there at low tide so we heard some thunder but didn't get to see the main display that you can see at high tide. Even that night we went back but the water just wasn't rough enough to make the extremely loud sound and the display of water crashing up on those rocks. It was a neat place to experience.

5 comments:

Katie said...

The "1799" is up in the mountains near Lansing, NC.

Those 2nd graders don't know how lucky they are to be THE FOWLER'S chil'ren!

wendy said...

Hope you have a fabulous first day with your new class! Your pictures are beautiful. I'm wondering how similar the coast of Maine is to the Oregon Coast. You'll have to come out here someday :)

Sandy said...

Hope you have a great class this year & that they will be a blessing to you (I KNOW you will be a blessing to them!)
Beautiful pictures!!!!

Unknown said...

I have seen these rocks and water up close and personally and since rocks and water are my two most favorite things I agree, I agree, I agree.
This past weekend I went on Ocean Drive in Newport, RI - the view of the water hitting those rocks and the hovering seagulls fed my soul.
I am now on Cape Cod with my Mom and Dad for the rest of August.
Tell Wendy the Oregon coast reflects and dilates the East Coast - spectaculary gorgeous - I went on an elder hostel trip last summer down the coast from Portland. A church congregation told me next time to go up from Portland - even more beatiful. I kept thinking God took the East Coast and made it bigger.

Gretchen said...

You're such a good teacher!

Your family looks so happy in these pictures. Acadia can do that, can't it? :)

We've seen Thunder Hole twice and we've heard it zero. Strange, huh?