Saturday, August 14, 2010

08/14/10

I needed to show yet another before and after - in our bedroom. When we re-painted, my bedding just looked too dark for the new wall color but I had not planned on that!!! I decided to start looking around and see what I could find that was not expensive. I found nothing.

Then, I was walking in Walmart one day and decided to check out what they had. Mind you, I had already perused the website and found nothing that was different from what I had. It seems over the years I have basically stuck with the same kind of bedding each time I changed.

I was in a rut.

It was time for another complete change.

I walked passed a bedding that before I would have never looked at simply because it was different than anything we had had before. I stopped.. I looked... I looked closer and thought it would work.....

Before

After - what do you think?? :)
I LOVE this new bedding... and the best thing is it didn't break the bank to get it. It is great quality and I love how it has all of the colors I need for the room and brightens it up in the process. I also love my new lamps... also from Walmart.... Those shades bring out the deep red in the comforter and add pop against those walls.

Still want to get window treatments in there but that will happen eventually because I am not rushing. lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look's real good. I am like you love the colors. Love!

Amy Alford said...

Looks great! I love to change things in my home. My husband has finally gotten use to coming home to something different every few months. A change in color, bedspread, rearranging furniture... it all makes me feel like I completed a major home renovation without the time or money!!! ;)

Love your blog! I have always wanted to start one. I love reading other's blogs, love to write, and love sharing life's crazy experiences! Life is an adventure and I love to accompany other's on their journey! Thank goodness I have God as my guide! ;)

Thanks for making Haley feel so "at home" in your class! She is glowing when she gets home!!! And yawning!!! ;)

See ya at school!!!

Sandy said...

Wow, what a difference the bedding made! I love it!

Gretchen said...

Sca-weeeel!!! I LOVE love love it!!! I like the new lamps too. Is the spread a BHG pattern? Love how cheery it is!

Katrina said...

Love the freshness the new colors add. Very nice choice!