Monday, August 09, 2010

08/09/10

You know I love a good date with numbers that do something. Today is 8, 9, 10..... hee hee

More pics of Maine... this is where the beauty just began to come alive.

Acadia National Park.

I'd love to be there today!


As we drove around you could see the fog around the islands again. The views were beyond words. Seeing these pictures makes me miss it terribly.

This is a cliff face where we got to see a Peregrin Falcon "baby through a telescope. This was a beautiful area. The picture can't do it justice.

Our first glimpse of the rocks and the sea. It took my breath away.....
Yes, that is fog... get used to seeing it.


Steve

Me

fog lifted a tad

barnacles on the rocks where the water stays during high tide

exploring

Wesley in search of any kind of critter he could find

The water splashing on the rocks was magnificent!

Me and my sweetie

More barnacles and other shells on the rocks where the water comes during high tide.

Wes

Mikayla... enjoying herself by "preparing a food dish" out of the grasses and such.

Her pretty food dish she left behind.

Mom, Daddy and Kevin

Mom, Daddy, and the kids. We were proud of Mom..... she was out on the rocks kind of close to the water! That was HUGE. :)

fog cleared away a bit

3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like yall had a blast on your summer vacation!
I would love to see more of your shoots that you mentioned a few posts ago!
Hope the start of school goes GREAT!
~kt

Sandy said...

Such natural beauty!!
And HOW did I miss that 8/8/10? I usually notice things like that..
But I've been so intense in my clean out the last several days that I did not even know what date it was!

Gretchen said...

I totally missed the 8,9,10 thing too.

LOVE the first picture!