Saturday, August 21, 2010

08/21/10

This morning the kids and I went outside and watched Mikayla's flower garden for quite a while. There were TONS of butterflies flitting about.... we even got to see our first Monarch! I loved seeing the details of God's creation yet again.... the details of the butterflies, the details of the dew on the flowers, the details of the flowers themselves. I took pictures, of course, but I haven't had time to work on them as we have been extremely busy. I'll show those soon. It was a peaceful beginning to our crazy day. We talked about how butterflies would be in heaven... what a wonderful glimpse of what is to come for us!

For now... here are more from Maine. This is one of the lighthouses and right now I can't remember the name. We definitely saw why lighthouses were so needed up there! ha!!


The sun peeked out for just a minute. The rocks... oh the rocks. I just LOVED the rocks by the ocean.

Barnacles and other shells on the rocks. Thought that was so neat!

Mikayla and her new sunglasses... girlfriend got her some from Walmart in Maine after she left her others on the Mayflower. Can you see me in them? She was "cooking" again.....

Here is what she "cooked."

Mom and Dad sit while we explore around the rocks.

Steve in the fog with the lighthouse. :)

We walked around to the other side and got to view the lighthouse closer. This is still a residence for those in the Coast Guard so we had to be careful where we went to ensure privacy.
As we were walking back up the path from this Mikayla leaned over the chain link fence to look at some flowers and such. Her new charm on her necklace she had gotten in Boston got caught on the fence and fell into the flower/grass/mess. It broke my heart.... she was so upset and rightly so because she had bought it with her own money. We all worked together to look where she saw it drop and Wesley went over the fence and searched through all the foliage and found it. She was so thankful.... That is a sweet memory of this lighthouse for me. :)

2 comments:

Mich said...

great pictures.
have a great weekend.

Katie said...

awww cute!
I love it when you can see the photographer in the reflections...some people think it should never happen but I think its unique and personal!
(ya know, just in case you wondered what my opinion was...LOL)
love ya!