Saturday, August 07, 2010

08/07/10

We are now moving on to Maine.

Bar Harbor, MAINE.

I LOVED MAINE.

In fact, we ALL did.

I would go back there in a New York minute!

We went to Acadia National Park. There are no words adequate to describe the beauty there. God's creation caused me to go in overdrive in the photography moments.

We arrived in Maine in early evening so once we got settled in our hotel we went down to the harbor to get something to eat. When we arrived, nothing could have prepared me for the beauty of fog on the water. I didn't realize rolling fog could be so awesome. Little did I realize that night that I would see a lot of that in the next 3 days!

Here are some pictures I captured before we ate.

See the fog covering that little island behind the boat?


I turned around from the above view and saw this beautiful sunset. I was just in awe.

Fishing boats were everywhere, of course.

I loved trying to photograph boats creatively. I have never really photographed many boats before. This wasn't my fave, but the next one is.

Something about the lines in this one are nice to me. I also changed this one to B&W and it is really pretty.

Lobster cages on the back of that boat.

I was on a floating dock. I found out this when stepping on it but didn't realize fully how challenging it could be. lol

Loved seeing all of the floats on the lobster cages. They came in all sizes and colors.

Another view of the fog that night.

This was our favorite place to eat in Bar Harbor. We ate their twice. We got to eat outside both times. We were actually chilly that first night!


I had corn chowder with lobster. It was actually quite good. The only thing I had trouble with was seeing the flesh in the shape of the actual claw of the lobster. I had to cut that up.... My brain needed to view it differently in order to eat it. lol
Did you know lobster was originally a food for poor people? It wasn't until the late 1800's/early 1900's that it became a food for the rich.... at least in Bar Harbor. I read that in a one of the travel books. Interesting, huh?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

What restaurant was this?