Monday, August 23, 2010

08/23/10

Here is a gull from the coast of Maine. I was excited to get as close as I could and photograph actual wildlife without it running/flying away from me.


This picture is my fave... I caught him in a *yawn*.... kind of how I feel at the moment!!!
As I was coming upstairs from afternoon recess duty and checking off my students at the end of the day I heard a noise coming down the hallway.

As I walked further down the hallway I noticed it was coming from my side of the building... my room, in fact!

"Hark! Is that the trump of God calling me home?"

NO.

It was Wesley on his "new" trumpet he finally got in Band today.

I had to contain my chuckles and laughter as I walked closer to my room to find my son blowing through that trumpet with all he had. His face was as red as a tomato but he was one happy boy.

He wants a trumpet for Christmas but first in band class he has to experience the trombone, flute and clarinet before we get serious on an instrument. I am LOVING that he is loving an instrument. Our house is going to be filled with lots of noise music in the days and months ahead.

When we got home he practiced outside.

I know our neighbors are loving that.

Between the piano and viola that Mikayla plays, and now Wesley's trumpet, just call us the "Von Fowler Family Musicians/Singers."

We will be going on tour in the spring.

You will not want to miss it! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

: )

Anonymous said...

I'll be the bus driver...

Kim