Wednesday, September 24, 2008

09/24/08


I took this picture at Farm Days a month ago. (Hard to believe it has already been a month!) It goes along with what we are doing today... we are "on the road again....." to Myrtle Beach for Teacher's Convention! (Can't you just hear Willy Nelson singing that song from long ago???)

We have been looking forward to getting to the beach since we haven't gone as a family in a couple of years. Wouldn't you know it, though... a "Noreaster" is going to be down there the entire time of our stay. We're going to have 40mph winds and rain. Guess there won't be any time on the beach unless its OK when we get there today!!! We'll be finding lots to do inside. We'll make the best of it. Of course, I'll be in class a majority of the morning and early afternoon on Thursday and Friday. I know you will miss me while I am gone (hee hee) but I'll be back on Saturday!

Doom and gloom seems to be all we hear about on the news these days. If it isn't economic woes, it is something else bad that has happened. It can get overwhelming and cause fear, but the Lord wants us to keep our eyes on Him through it all.

I am reminded of these verses I found this morning and wanted to share.

Psalm 62:5-8
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.

Believe me, I don't know any answers to the economic woes. The Lord has not gifted me in those areas. I do know what God's Word tells me and I am trying to keep my eyes focused on Him instead of what is all around me. Remember when Peter got out of the boat to walk on the water with Jesus? The waves were all around him, but when he had his eyes on Jesus he was walking on water, too! Once he took his eyes off of Jesus, and began to look at the rolling waves around him, he began to sink! We don't want to follow Peter's lead on this in our world today.

I am reminded of the song I posted not long ago... may we all be reminded of this wonderful truth:

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth
Will go strangely dim....
In the light of His glory and grace.

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Have so much fun!!! Cool shot, love the leading line that takes my eye right through the photo. :)