Wednesday, September 17, 2008

09/17/08

I don't believe I have shared these morning glories... and if I have, forgive me. I truly don't know whether I am coming or going with my photographs lately.

I love morning glories. Now, I realize most people consider them a nuisance, but I see them as a beautiful display of early morning color. These were wrapped around one of our poles at the barn. There were others underneath these pink ones that were dark purple but they were hard to photograph. What beauty the Lord gives us in small ways each day.


Today seemed to be a better day with my topic of yesterday. It really is hard to separate the teacher from the mother.

You know, I forgot to share about what my sweet little guy did last week. At AWANA last Wednesday night we had a new little boy come to our club. Wesley took him "under his wings" and befriended him immediately. Pretty soon Wesley comes up to me and asks me how to find John 3:16 in his Bible because he was having some difficulty. I showed him where it was, looked to where he went with his Bible, and saw that he was showing the new little boy how he could know if he had Jesus in his heart or not. My little guy was witnessing and boldly telling another about the love of Jesus.

I continue to learn that I have to be quiet and let the Lord do the work and not me control the circumstances. When Wesley was talking about sharing the Lord with that little boy again tonight, because we are about to go to church again, it made me realize that my anxiety over yesterday needs to be put in perspective. He has a heart as big as Texas... or even Alaska.... and he reminded me of that tonight with being excited to see that little boy again.

Patience. Patience. Patience.

God's still workin' on me. :)

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

You have a good boy there. :-)

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What a sweet boy Wesley is! And I didn't know those pretty flowers were nuisances, I like them! :)