Monday, September 15, 2008

09/15/08

Some cactus for you today. I took these this past summer at my Mom's. The first few are with my macro lens... the last two are with my wide angle. I was up at Mom's the other week and it had just rained (or maybe she had just watered them... can't remember) and the water droplets on it drew me back to it. Also... notice the "babies" that have come up on it.

I have an older version photograph of this plant in my kitchen collage of photos. There is just something about this plant I love. Maybe it is all of the textures and points with color.







I want to say that I am thankful for some stuff tonight... felt the need to share. lol

1. Hair color... if it were not for hair color I believe I would look like a skunk. I shouldn't be this gray at 37....

2. My dishwasher.... goodness... I used to hand wash everything when the kids were babies. I used to think I could get them cleaner than my dishwasher. Of course, at the time our dishwasher was horrible, so I could. Right before Mom got sick three years ago we had to get a new one and I haven't looked back since. I filled it full tonight... and am thankful it will wash them so that my lovely hands can grade papers.

3. My washer/dryer... yes, I am still harping on them. I love them.... L-O-V-E them. Does that meant that everything washed in them gets folded immediately and put away? NO. BUT... it does mean that I have wonderfully CLEAN and clean-smelling clothes that didn't use to happen with our old one.

I would come up with a fourth thing, but right now I have to go read to my kiddos. Maybe I'll think of more "mundane" things for which I am thankful for in another post. lol

6 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

At least you have hair. :-)

I told you about those front loading washers. OCD people like myself know clean.

Morgan said...

Awwwwww--"Hen and Chicks". I haven't seen them...well since I left mine behind in N.C. What a great little succulent! Easiest plant to grow EVER!!! And spreads like wildfire. I had mine planted in the bowl of an old cracked bird bath and it was just loaded with them. Oh I just love them......

Don't get Sal started on washers and dryers. I've offered many many times to do the wash. (I DO know how to run them believe it or not!) Especially during tax season when he's really busy and it is the one thing he just won't give up. He acts like it's a big pain in the butt chore, but secretly, deep down.....I think he loves it.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Great composition on all of these, such a cool plant! I'm LOL at your gray comment...my hairdresser said I'd like it if my hair would start to go a bit gray, the roots would be easier! My great-grandpa died in his early-90's with not a gray hair on his head and both my parents have almost none. :)

wendy said...

yeah for hair color - said as i just arrived home tonight with badly needed fresh blonde highlights and a happy new hair cut :)

Amy said...

Oh I just love those pictures!!!! I am about to have to start coloring my hair. I am holding off as long as I can, but I am about to that point. I refuse to be gray at 34 LOL

Gretchen said...

Great pics! I love the textures and color!

Speaking of color ... I thought you were a natural beauty!