Sunday, September 14, 2008

09/14/08

Trumpet vine from Yates Mill Pond this summer. Loved the color contrast between the orange and green. :) (You should click on this one to see it a bit larger... hard to tell since it is smaller in the pic. :) )


In studying Ecclesiastes with our Sunday School at church and listening to our pastor today I continue to see that we can't be fully satisfied without the Lord. He alone is what gives us joy. This verse was read today and went right along with all I am learning/studying as well.

John 6:35 - And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

If only our world could see that more clearly. It is not what we have, but WHO we have.

5 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kellie, The trumpet vine is really pretty! That is a new one on me! Your 9/11 post was just beautifully written! Such a sad day, but your tribute was great! The kitties look like they are settling in well! :) ~Rhonda

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

That trumpet vine is really cool, I've never seen one before!

p.s. I think I fixed my name on the comments...we'll see when I 'publish this comment'. :)

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

It worked!!!! :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Guess that means Yates Mill Park did not get any damage last week with the storm. That's good.

Amy said...

Great picture! And that is so true! If only the world would turn to Him.