Wednesday, September 10, 2008

09/10/08

OK... It seems I have caused some of you great trouble by my post yesterday with the pictures of the Writing Spider. (Casey... this blog's for you... and Morgan... and anyone else who commented... or even those that didn't comment but really wanted to do so. lol)

Oh, my dear friends that read my daily life.... the scaring and creeping out of all of you was not intentional!! Now, I can totally understand having the creeps over a spider. I can also understand how a closeup of the spider would cause one to not be able to sleep at night. I am right there with you... was there the moment I photographed that creature because I was so afraid it would jump off its web and jump on my lens. LOL Please accept my humble apology for causing anyone to hate my blog yesterday.... :)

Here are some pretty pictures. :) This is a vase of hydrangeas at my Mom's this summer. I took different views. The last picture is basically of the stems in the vase... just thought that was neat.


Finally, let me encourage you today with some thoughts I heard at my faculty meeting this afternoon. When life comes at you hard and you don't know which end is up, what is a verse that the Lord brings to your mind? I'd really like to know so put them in my comment section, please! :)

You all know one of mine is Isaiah 40:31. Our administrator shared in the meeting today, after he asked us that question, that his was Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

That is a verse I have quoted so many times in my life, but it hasn't been until the last few years that I have begun to fully understand it. When times seem uncertain, when you don't know how something is going to work or happen, when you get frustrated over personal or work related issues, TRUST in the Lord with all of your heart. I have found that when I put my trust in myself I always make a mess of things, but when I finally give it over to the Lord He makes my path so clear. I keep learning life isn't about me, it is about what the Lord wants for me. Every minute of every day is a time to keep putting the trust and faith back where it belongs... on the Lord.

6 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through God who gives me strength.

It was handed to me on a slip of paper back at the little Baptist church in Raleigh, and I have kept it for years.

I also have a few on a sticky note that you gave to me.

Amy said...

Oh, so much better! These are beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Come unto me, ye who are weary and overburdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28.

Unknown said...

and
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you . . . Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Unknown said...

Did I ever tell you I am also terrified of the color purple... ;)

Amy said...

Proverbs 3:5-6 is mine too.
I say that one all the time. It helps me get through things.