Thursday, September 04, 2008

09/04/08

Another short post tonight. Busy just isn't the word this week! :)

Here is a set of "gadgets" that used to be sold "way back when." This whole truck was loaded with all kinds of old things. I took a pic of a few of them. Click on this first picture to make it larger so you can see more of the neat things.


This second picture is an apple peeler.... and I thought Pampered Chef was the first to invent something like that!!! Someone had invented it long ago.... Those gears to work that peeler were amazing to see. If you click on this picture you can actually see something that looks a bit "foreign" to us now... this was actually made in the USA!!!

7 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

That looks like an awful lot of machine for apple peeling. Where is the picture of the peeled apple?

Shelly said...

Hey Kellie! I read on Casey's blog about the website that you can download a years worth of your blog and they will print and bind you a book and send it to you. I thought of you right away! Hope school is going well! See ya!

Pearl said...

Hi Kellie... Such clever creations! Isn't if fun to learn about how things were done in the "old days"?!

Thank you for your recent visit and comments... so glad to learn about the "mystery" cross stitch bird I bought! After I get the frames touched up, I will pencil the names of the birds on the back!

Hope your upcoming weekend is pleasant... God bless...

~hugs~

Pearl

Morgan said...

My dad used to make the best apple pie and he always used one of those old-fashioned apple peelers to peel his apples. It takes 10 seconds to peel and cores it all at the same time! When I find myself cutting, peeling and coring apples (a laborious process!), I long for my dads peeler!! Thank you for that wonderful memory......

Gretchen said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!

Amy said...

Very neat pictures!!

Thankfully it is now the weekend. Hopefully you will be able to rest and recover from your busy week :-)

Amy said...

That sure is a lot of stuff, looks like my dad's garage! I have the Pampered Chef apple peeler and while it works great, it's messy!