Monday, September 22, 2008

09/22/08

FALL has arrived!!! And with fall comes a painful reality....

I have an addiction.

It is really bad this time of year.

It is called candy corn.



I blame this addiction on my best friend.

I can do that, right?

She's the one who "forced" me to eat it all of those lovely fall evenings in her home. Yeah, that's what I'll say. It is ridiculous how one little candy corn can make you want another one. They are so small that you keep thinking, "OH, just ONE more..." and pretty soon you have eaten a hundred. Those in that picture above... most of them are gone now because as I was photographing them, I was eating them, too. I need to buy some for my students. We need to "learn 1/3" and eat each section at a time. Great math skills learned there, you know. Especially when the different sections are NOT equal parts, but, hey... it's for fun. lol


FALL... has arrived.... I am so glad. I love fall.

Why, you ask, do I love fall?


I love the fact that pretty soon I'll be drinking coffee again at night. (We just don't drink it around here when it is 80 degrees)

I'll get to feel heat from our wood stove pretty soon. (OK... around here we're lucky if it gets really cold at night by November, but as soon as it dips below 50 at night, I'm telling Steve we're wearing shorts and t-shirts just so I can hang out by the wood stove!)

I love the beautiful colors that show God's faithfulness in the changing of the seasons.

I love the crispness of the air.

I love the bright blue skies that come with the crisp air.

I love the NC STATE FAIR!

I love pumpkins and getting our outdoor fall stuff out.

I love painting pumpkins with Wesley and Mikayla.

I love the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.

I love teaching my students during fall time... there are so many things we learn!

I love being with my family for many occasions.

And, finally, I LOVE CANDY CORN. :)

Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, fall time in NC is probably my favorite. And I agree with most on your list, except for the candy corn. Sorry. :-(

Anonymous said...

You and I can start a support group. Have you seen/tried the CANDY CORN HERSHEY KISS??? OH, MY!!! It LOOKS LIKE CANDY CORN and TASTES LIKE IT, TOO!!! They are TOOOOOO GOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

I LOVE autumn too...and candy corn! I was at the grocery store the other night and bought three bags, regular, caramel, and caramel apple! I've heard the pumpkin spice is amazing, haven't see it yet. :)