Saturday, September 13, 2008

09/13/08


I took this last spring at the arboretum. I don't know the kind of flower it is but it is purple and that is all that mattered at the moment. lol

We are off to a birthday party this afternoon and then friends over tonight. Here are a couple of thoughts for today that I have found since we are now studying in Ecclesiastes in Sunday School:

Ecclesiastes 3:11 - He hath made everything beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Here is a quote I found long ago. I still have it on my bulletin board in the office:

I make all things beautiful. Put your faith in Me, not in a timetable. Wait on Me and wait for Me. When I am ready, you will be ready. In My perfect way I will put everything together... see to every detail... arrange every circumstance.... change every heart... order every step to bring to pass what I have for you.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Isn't that the hardest for all of us? To realize our timetable and His are completely different? One day to us could mean something completely different to God. I think that's why people think God is not listening b/c He doesn't work on off our timetable--he has it's own. Our pastor a couple of weeks ago made the comment that most times God works in reverse. Meaning, that we usually don't see the reason why God puts us thru certain things (especially the tough stuff) until we are on the 'other side' of it looking back and saying "OHHHHHHHH, now I know why!!!" Timetables work the same way. He knows ahead of time how it all fits together....we just have to be patient! Oh, yeah, and I'm good at that.....(a little sarcasm there!)
So how did you guys like the Narnia movie?? I LOVED it. I never caught all the symbolism in it til someone explained it all to me. I went back and watched it a 2nd time and loved it that much more.

Amy said...

Beautiful picture! I love that quote!