Friday, September 19, 2008

09/19/08


Another morning glory pic. These are a periwinkle blue color. :)

Busy week, busy day. My students were told to "fasten their seat belts" yesterday because we had a lot going on today. Not only did we get it all done, but there was time to spare!! lol Whew... just glad it is Friday. We have just finished cleaning the house quickly and are going to go grab something to eat.

Tomorrow I will be taking my niece's senior pictures. I am looking forward to enjoying that time with her.

I found this little "devotion" that sums up my week. Now, my week wasn't horrible, but there were times that I found myself taking my eyes off the Lord and looking to my own path. In learning to trust more in the Lord and less in my own thoughts, this spoke volumes. Enjoy... and have a great evening!!


His Joy Refreshes
Susan Alexander Yates

"Neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

Happiness is usually caused by circumstances. When things are going great, we feel happy; when life is unpleasant, we are depressed. Supernatural joy, however, enables us to experience a deeper joy that is not so dependent on our circumstances. As we live by correct priorities, cultivating our relationship with Christ on a daily basis, we will begin to experience a quiet joy resulting from a sense of security that we belong to God, and He is indeed in control of our lives. When we focus on this security, we will be free to relax and trust Him in whatever situation we find ourselves. We will not always feel happy, but we will have a deeper sense of joy that we belong to Christ and that His plans for us are good. God's joy is supernatural. His joy is also refreshing.

1 comment:

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Kellie, such a pretty, delicate flower. I like the contrast against the weathered wood of the fence. :)