Friday, September 12, 2008

09/12/08

May I just say I am thankful for the weekend? The kids and I just finished cleaning the house so that we can do some other things this weekend. We are planning on having a movie night tonight and I am excited because we're watching Narnia with the kids. I just finished reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to the kids last night. Now I feel they will understand the movie better... they have never seen it. It has been a while since I have seen it as well. I hope I stay awake!

Check out these pictures of Mikayla with Sampson. We are finding he is the ultra laid back kitty. He allowed her to "dress him up" and stroll him around the house in her stroller. lol He just laid there so sweetly and the last picture of him looking up at me doesn't even look like he's distressed at all! lol Isabelle, on the other hand, is a bit more spastic. lol!! I don't think she would ever allow Mikayla to do that to her. We'll see as time goes on. (I used to do these types of things to my kitty, Sabrina, growing up... she died of a nervous disorder in her "later" years!!!!! )


The following pictures are of the mushrooms that have popped up in our yard overnight. We have had so much rain lately and the ground doesn't know what to do with itself. These were not in our yard two days ago. When I got home yesterday they were so interesting looking that I decided I just HAD to photograph them. The first picture shows where they were in the yard. They were only in that spot, too. I am used to seeing the types of mushrooms that are in the next couple of pictures which have the flat heads, but these were reminding me of marshmallows on a stick that had been roasted over the fire! You may need to click on a few to see more detail. :) (You may think I am a bit crazy for photographing these mushrooms so many different ways, but there I was crouched down low in our yard, with my school clothes on, trying to think outside of my box. lol)

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Rain and mushrooms. Funny the things you miss.

Shiroi Kuma said...

Must be a "mushroom" year - the mulch on our gardens were full of mushroom spoors that have recently sprouted a bountiful crop. I live in the Finger Lakes in NY.

Amy said...

We have LOTS of mushrooms this year too. They are everywhere! Love the kitty pictures.

Amy said...

Such a cute kitty and how fun that he lets Mikayla push him around in the stroller! We've had some mushrooms here lately, I need to back off on the sprinklers. Amy :)