Saturday, December 31, 2011

12/31/11

 
I realize I have been MIA for a few days but I am sure everyone has been busy doing other things.  The school Powerpoints have overtaken my days.  I will get to the favorite Christmas gift once I finally work on all of my Christmas pictures.  Y'all just don't realize how many hours I have been on this computer working on those Powerpoints.... along with my brother.  :)

It is the last day of 2011.

I seem to always reflect on the past year with my last post.  I guess today will be no different.

2011 started with a "bang" with me having a "drive-thru" appendectomy.  Now, that was a way to start the year off right!

Thankfully, through this year I have not lost any other organs.  I would really like to keep my remaining ones if at all possible.

This year has had its ups and downs just as any year does.
I am thankful for the lessons the Lord has taught me this year.  There are things I learned at 40 that I had never realized before.  Just continues to show that all of life is learning.

I continue to see the blessing that Sweet Man is to me.  I would be lost without him.  He has been with me in good times and bad with constant love.  He was made for me.

It has been a joy this past year to watch Wesley and Mikayla mature in many areas.  They are changing so much.  My heart's desire is for them to continue to grow in the Lord and learn to lean on Him early in life.  These next few years will be some hard ones and they will need Him to get them through.

I am surrounded by many friends and they bless my life.  I pray that 2012 keeps those friendships stronger and deeper.

I want my walk with the Lord to continue to grow in ways that I never thought possible.  I know God has promised me He will never leave nor forsake me.  He has shown me that so many times through this past year.  I have been constantly reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 in the last few weeks.  I think it only fitting to remember that for the coming one as well.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

What a comfort to know that no matter what 2012 holds for any of us, God is there.  He is experiencing everything with us and all things work together for good in His timing.

May the Lord bless you and keep you all.  Thank you for reading another year of my life and thoughts.  I pray you will stick with me in 2012... and I really would love to hear from you all more.  :)

Happy New Year!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and the Christmas gift was?

Anonymous said...

Kellie, I will be right here reading and looking at your beautiful pictures. I love the lesson about our Lord also, You just keep on sharing with us !!
Love - Love

wendy said...

so what exactly are your power points for? social studies is what I would assume. is this new for all the teachers this year? just curious. have a great new year. I'll still be reading and I'll try to comment more often :)