Friday, December 02, 2011

12/02/11

This is one ornament I think I show each year, but it is one of my all-time favorites of Mikayla's Hallmark ornaments.  It is Cinderella's shoe.  Love, love, love this.  :)
 

Yesterday I asked what was your favorite ornament.  I was happy to have some "chatting" with a few of you.  Would love to hear from more.  :)

I'll discuss more of my favorite ornaments later.  

Today I want to talk about my most favorite ever Christmas present from Steve.

Three years ago Sweet Man surprised me with an email on Thanksgiving.

You see, I LOVE SURPRISES.

For those of you who know Steve, to get an email from him to me is excitement enough (especially at that time in his life) because he used to NEVER email me.  I get emails more now because his job has changed at his work and he has to use the computer more, but back then he hardly ever got on the computer.

This email he sent me was to an online card.

The card, which I really, really wish I could have saved, told me to pack my bags because in "X" days he was going to be taking me on a surprise trip for Christmas!!

Steve has never done anything like that before, either.  He has never surprised me with a trip to anywhere.  We would usually discuss it at length before deciding to go.  We also didn't use to go many places overnight by ourselves.

He took me to Asheville, NC the weekend after I got out of school for Christmas and we stayed in a wonderful Bed and Breakfast and went to see the Biltmore at Christmas.

It was excitement enough for me to just go anywhere with him. 

Just him and me.

By ourselves.

Quietness.

Sigh....

Ok, let me get back to this story!

Anyway, we had a wonderful trip and even got to go see Chimney Rock and freeze to death on top while worried we were going to blow off since there are no guardrails around that thing.  

All I know is, that weekend still holds a special place in my heart because of the sweet time we had together.

All that weekend we kept hearing this Christmas song on the radio.  It fit perfectly for how I feel about him all of the time.  He is always the best present for me.  I also think that is the best present for our kiddos.  In fact, when we hear this song now the kids know I am thinking of their Daddy.  :)

I am not a huge fan of Mariah Carey, but I do love this version of this song she sings for Christmas.  :)







What is the best present you have ever received from your spouse or special someone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey!
long time, no comment so thought I'd get back in the groove. I am still a faithful follower and am loving the change from fall to Christmas. Enjoyed today's story and I remember that special weekend...and it's been 3 years already?!? Geez...
Take care!

'jane'

Gretchen said...

My favorite gift was from my parents. They gave all of us a trip to Disney World (with them). We grownups already knew about it, but to see the looks on our kids faces when they opened up the present with the park passes was INCREDIBLE! Funnest Christmas morning!!!