Friday, December 16, 2011

12/16/11

 Apparently I am turning into Betty Crocker.  Who knew that I would be doing this????   

 

 Here are my cupcake creations for the kids program Christmas party at church this past Wednesday night.  I did use a box cake mix because of time for the cupcake itself, but the buttercream icing is homemade and I got my groove going with some decorating.  I have never done this before, so I was quite tickled with the results!  Let's just say... they were yummy.  My next thing to tackle will be making the cupcake itself from scratch.

 

(One thing I did learn.... red food coloring is NOT fun to work with in icing.  It did not want to cooperate....)  :)

3 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

They really were yummy. Tell me though how did you make real red frosting. I have tried and it comes out pink.

Gretchen said...

I used red recently and just short of me emptying the entire little food color bottle into the icing, it remained PINK. Sigh.

beautiful cupcakes, friend!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Super, super cute! You did an awesome job decorating! :)