Thursday, December 08, 2011

12/08/11

 
This gingerbread ornament always makes me smile.  My Mom gave this to me along with the "boy" version years ago.  

Let's do some randomness today:

My hair was not cooperating this morning.  In fact, it looked horrendous.  Therefore, I decided to just throw it up in one barrette and just "deal with it."  Do you want to know I had the most compliments on my hair today???!!!  My children both told me they loved my hair like that and then teachers and some of my students said the same thing.  Now, I could take that as they don't really like my hair in its other way, but I'll just take it for the compliment it is. haha.  Of course, I did have one of my kids ask me if it was a real hairdo.  I said it was a wig.  :)

I had something special happen with a student today.  It made my heart happy to see a child who had struggled in something finally succeed.  

I finally cleaned this house tonight after 3 weeks of not getting it done.  (I did, however, clean the bathrooms in that time, but not the whole house...).   I have said it before and will say it again... we live in our home.

I am hoping to finish our Christmas cards tonight.  I don't like having that hanging over my head.

I am enjoying my Christmas lights on the tree, TV armoire and mantle tonight.  Too many nights we are so busy or I am too tired to enjoy them.  Tonight I am soaking it all in....

Play practice went really well today.  We actually got through the entire play for the first time... we perform next Tuesday and Wednesday.

I get to make cupcakes next week.  I can't believe I am giddy over making homemade frosting again.  Who am I and what have I done with the person who didn't like to do that sort of thing?

Tomorrow night we get to go see the Meadow Lights.  Unless you live near me you probably won't get that, but just know it is a yearly tradition we do with some of our dearest and closest friends.  It is supposed to be cold, too... and I am glad.

I really need to get to those Christmas cards....

2 comments:

Stacy Z. said...

That was so very random Kellie, but I enjoyed it very much. We too "live" in our home... and I am thankful for it. Have fun in Meadows - we'll be journeying through Bethlehem at Salem Baptist tomorrow night.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Having your entire house clean ...now that is just plain awesome!!! We "live" in our home too! ...always seems to be a room or two that could use a little attention! :)

Enjoy the lights this weekend! Sounds like a perfectly seasonal treat!