Monday, December 05, 2011

12/05/11


I've talked on here many times about how God is always there for us.

Sometimes we feel this with all of our being.  Other times, when we are going through hardships, we are not so sure.  If we're honest we've all been there.


I had a moment the other night when I could look back on a time in my past and see how God was there guiding my steps.  At times there are happenings in our lives that we may never know why God allowed something until we see Him face to face.  In fact, I must admit that a lot of what we go through in this life is a mystery to us because we don't have the ability to see what God sees.

As I was reflecting on how the Lord guided my steps His still small voice gave me a verse from Jeremiah 29.   I had an overwhelming sense that I needed not to just recall from memory the verse He was giving me, but to go read it and meditate on it.  Little did I realize the gift the Lord wanted me to see.

Jeremiah 29:11-14a
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity,

I cannot begin to tell you what that moment in time did for me.  I have read these verses many times, but God used them for a different purpose this time.  It was a moment where I realized God gave me a gift of seeing why His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts.  He orchestrated something in my life in such a way that when I was in the middle of it I didn't understand why, but now I see.  It is just another example in my life that the Bible is God's Living Word.

If you are struggling.

If you are having a hard time understanding WHY God is allowing something....

Just hang on.

Keep calling out to the Lord.

He will give you answers in His time when He sees all the plans are in place for you to understand what He is doing in your life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, this is so true. Thanks for sharing that Kellie !

Mich said...

This is something I need reminding of all the time!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Fowler! I just wanted you to know that the new link to my blog is www.singingwithsistersisfun.blogspot.com

Okay? I just wanted to let you know! =D

truth in weakness said...

thank you, kellie. one of my all-time favorite passages there. but thank you for reminding me of it, & fleshing it out. so i WILL keep hangin' on. and i WILL keep calling out to Him.
thx again.