Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12/13/11

How about a visit to my kitchen?

This past weekend was the Christmas bake/cook time for the gifts I give to those who help me at church, school, or just friends in life that you want to give something to, but can't afford to give something to the entire family.

My brother always comes down and helps me.  It is our bonding time... and his laughing at me time.  We always have some "moments" and this year was no different.  From dill accidentally falling in sudsy water to me dancing around the kitchen to "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" when I had been in the kitchen almost 13 hours, and me realizing that jalapeno's cut up in the food processor are quite potent when you take off the lid, it was a day of fun memories.  He helps me find the recipes and we go from there.  He is impressed that some of what he has tried to teach me through the years has finally sunk in... well, almost.  :)

This year the theme began with my jalapeno jelly I made this summer.

I decided a "Feliz Navidad Fiesta" would be a good gift for people to enjoy.

Let's start with some Roma Lime Salsa.

I learned to fall in love with my food processor in ways I never realized before.
That is some good stuff cooking on that stove!
This would be the ingredients for the Fiesta Relish... which included vinegar, these items, corn, dill (thankfully it was washed from being dropped in suds) and some other spices.
We had so many things going on in the kitchen that I took a picture of the salsa in the jars, but not the Fiesta Relish so sorry about that.
Here you see the beautiful Fiesta Relish in the pot cooking.
I also made Tijuana Triangles to be used with the Fiesta Relish.  Yummmmooooo......
There had to be something sweet to go along with all of this Fiesta Yumminess so we made Coco-Nut brownies.  The brownies were thick and the top had a combination of brown sugar, walnuts, pecans and coconut mixed together and crumbled/pressed on top. 
 
 Then I packaged them up to get them ready to go out!  I even included "instructions...."
 

Are you hungry?

Sorry about that....  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum - Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Love - Love

Mich said...

Wow! Everything looked so colorful and yummy. I am impressed.

mc said...

Wow! Amazing pictures! You are creative in cooking as well!

Gretchen said...

If you are hiring a test taster, I'll send you my resume. If not, I'd love the recipe for the brownies!