Tuesday, February 01, 2011

02/01/11

This icicle picture makes me feel colder than some... maybe it is the blue hue. (I just rhymed... I do it all the time....)

The wind had gotten into these icicles on the barn. They were blown inward.

What do you do when you have been asking your parents for a white board?

You make your own.

Here is Wesley and Mikayla's invention of their very own "white board." They put a plastic covering from maps they got for learning their fifty states on the top of Wesley's former runway for his cardboard plane he made last summer.

They literally can use erasable markers and it works!

What do you do when you feel the need to have an overhead projector at home to work on your math problems?

Make your own of course!
Wesley and Mikayla also came up with their very own overhead. They worked and worked until they figured out how to get the light to shine through without having to hold it. They were so tickled with themselves.

I was impressed with their creativity.

I love it when my kids expand the abilities God has given them!

4 comments:

Krista said...

I love this! So many kids today seem to have lost their imaginations. :) Creativity is such a wonderful gift! I know you are proud.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned much about hearing the same piano solo over and over and over...but enjoying the dedication and precision that you're witnessing all at the same time :-)
Saturday's comin'!
Kim

Mich said...

Wow! Creative kiddos.

did you get another wave of storm to take some more beautiful winter pictures. It is COLD here, but no ice or snow...YET.

wendy said...

Your icicle pictures are really neat. Sorry I haven't left you any comments to let you know that lately. Things have been busy. I've been trying to finish report cards for about a week - still getting late work turned in from kids being absent. And we put an offer in on a house last night! I just haven't had any time to blog.