Tuesday, February 15, 2011

02/15/11

These icicles were interesting because they were on top of the pine straw and water was rushing around them. Pretty neat. :)
I don't just have a Sweet Steve who was my Valentine yesterday... our son was also quite sweet yesterday.

Mikayla has been sick with the flu since Friday. (Although it took a fever of 103.8 and a visit to the ER on Sunday for us to realize that is what she had.... She is one tough cookie.) Since she has been sick she could not go to school. She was so sad that she missed out on all of the festivities of the day.

Wesley and I had to run to Walmart after school to pick up a few things before heading home. (Steve had stayed home with her. I told him I could not give a sub the day of Valentine's.... she would never want to come back!)

As we walked in, Wesley said he wanted to get something for Mikayla for Valentine's. We saw some flowers and from there his face brightened and he was set to find the *perfect* flowers for her.

He told me he wanted it to be a surprise for her but also wanted to write her a note. I told him to leave the flowers in the van, write the note in his room, then come back out and get them before he surprised her.

That is exactly what he did. His note said "I love you, Mikayla!"

Here is the pic of them right after he handed the flowers to her.


She was so excited.... Wesley really made her feel special.

Here they are in the vase.

Up close.... we picked out pink because that is her favorite color. She was thrilled.

That made our Valentine's even more special. I am so thankful my kids love each other.... even if they do fight sometimes. :)

2 comments:

Mich said...

So sweet.

What a blessing to the mommy heart!

I love pink flowers too.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww that was so sweet of Wesley to think of his sister on Valentines. Bless Makayla's little heart , I hate she had to be sick on Valentine. Tell them both I am so proud of them!! Love- Love