Thursday, February 10, 2011

02/10/11

This is a photograph of ice that had broken. It was fascinating to me and I could have stayed there trying to capture more of it but had some moments of slipping so I figured I would move on to another spot. lol

This reminds me of what God has to do to us sometimes.... break us so that we realize we are weak and He is the One that holds us all together.

On this date, 20 years ago, I met the love of my life. I am sure I have shared the story of how we met many times, but I must share again. :)

My sweet Steve got saved in October of '90. He began to come to our church and I noticed him before but didn't know anything about him. He actually thought my brother and I were dating. (If you know us in real life you can understand how he could have mistaken that because we look nothing alike.) Anyway, I began to notice my sweet Steve more and more as he passed by Sunday School going to his Discipleship class. I noticed he had pretty blue eyes. He told me later he noticed I had big brown eyes.

He finally got the nerve to ask me out on Sunday, February 10.

He came up to me at the front of the church where we were greeting a new family. I turned around and there he was. :)

I will be the first to admit that the first thing I noticed was that I was taller than him when I wore heels.

He had the best "pick up" line EVER. We still kid him about it today. It went something like this:

"Hi, I'm Steve, you're Kellie, right? HOW OLD ARE YOU?"

Nothing like getting right to the point, huh?

I was so scared he would think I was too young so I sputtered out:

"I'm 19, but I'll be 20 soon!"

Like 20 was this magical number of saying it was OK to go out with me.

We eventually went out a couple of weeks later and the rest is "history." I have now known my sweet Steve almost just as long as I was alive when we met. I can't believe how fast these 20 years have gone.


If tomorrow I had one more chance to begin...
I'd do it, all over again.

I love my sweet Steve!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was one, there was two, and then there was four. What a wounderful gift our lord has given.
I hope it has been a blessed day for You and Steve.
Love-Love!!

Sandy said...

What a sweet story! It is so neat to hear how God brings people together.