Saturday, February 26, 2011

02/26/11


I am thinking of thankfulness today.

I have discussed thankfulness on here many times before. In the last week I have encountered episodes of lack of thankfulness that has caused me to revisit this subject.

We live in a society where thankfulness has become more and more a thing of the past.

Everything seems to be expected and no appreciation given when something is done for someone else. It also applies to things we own. In our society as a whole, we are too consumed with what we want instead of taking care of and being thankful for what we already have.

However, I am thinking today more on the small acts of thankfulness.

When someone does something for you, do you always say "Thank you?"

I have encountered individuals in the past week who have lacked in that area. It is frustrating when something is done for someone and no thanks is given. It is not that I am expecting an all out trumpet blaring, huge thank you, but those two small words mean a lot.

When someone holds the door for you... no matter where it may be.... do you say "Thank you?"

Wesley and Mikayla have noticed things like this, too. When they hold the door for someone and no thanks is given, they have always commented about that.

When someone does something for you... no matter how big or small.... do you say "Thank you?"

Do you ever just say "Thank you" so someone who is in your house for things that are done.... like your children when they do their expected chores.... or your husband when he does something around the house? Think of things today that your family does and THANK them for what they do.

I guess I am overly concerned about making sure someone knows how thankful I am for anything done for me.

Take the time to say "Thank you" today when something is done for you.... no matter how big or small.

Those are words of affirmation that everyone needs to hear.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Saying "Thank You" is big in our home. My girls thank me for preparing their meals, washing their clothes etc. and I try to thank them for remembering their chores and manners. I do thank my husband for all his hard work and provision. When we are out and about I try to always thank the people helping me: clerks at the stores, strangers that give me the right of way while driving etc. A little thank you goes a long way!

I do know that I don't always remember to thank the Lord for EVERYTHING. Trying to work on that everyday, all day! Thanks for the reminder Kellie.