Friday, February 18, 2011

02/18/11

I loved these huge icicles hanging off of the main wheel area at Yates Mill. I would have liked to have gotten closer, but that would have been a little death defying with the ice......

I know of several families who have dealt with a bunch of things. Flu has gone around school horribly... and we caught it, too. Our family has not been immune to sickness this year. The "drugs" on the left would be the kids' and the "drugs" on the right would be mine. Steve has thankfully been healthy.
Wesley got sick almost 3 weeks ago.... fever, overall crummy feeling, weak...we are now wondering if he had the flu because by the next week he had an ear infection. I have had people tell me that the flu has had "side effects" of sinus infections and ear infections once the original part of the flu has passed.

Mikayla got the flu last week. It was not so comforting to have the "Minute Clinic" people tell you your daughters fever was so high you should immediately go to the ER. I was afraid of pneumonia.... it turned out to be Type A flu. I am thankful for Tamiflu!!!

I have been sick for over a month and I think part of that has been due to my body still healing from surgery and didn't have the ability to fight off a cold that led to a sinus infection. I was tired of dealing with my head feeling like I was constantly in a tunnel and sounding like it, too. I have been very thankful for an antibiotic this week.

I have sprayed lots of Lysol. I have wiped up a lot of areas with some Clorox wipes. I have washed my hands so much they are in pitiful condition. So much so that for the last couple of nights I have gone to bed with petroleum jelly all over them and slept with socks on my hands.

Please do not think I am whining. I am thankful that the Lord gives us things to help with sickness - I am thankful for doctors, medicine and sleep!

I just have a statement:

I am now officially stating that I am ready for spring.

I honestly do try to enjoy the season I am in and not rush into the next season. This year I have been content with the coldness and warm fires in the fireplace.

Now.... it is time to let open the windows and bring in some fresh air to get rid of these germs!

Today it is to be in the upper 70's.

It smelled and sounded like spring/summer when I went outside on the deck last night.

Yes, I am ready!
Just don't let it reach 90 degrees by April.....

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm not complaining either... but I SO loved today's weather! Gives me hope that I won't be cold much longer.
Hope all of you are feeling much better really soon!

Gretchen said...

I am SO sorry you guys have fought the sick bug for so long. Believe it or not, the words "I'm ready for spring" almost left my mouth the week we were sick, too. Almost. :)

Mich said...

REady for a little sunshine!!!

Hope you are all finally over with feeling yucky. It is hard when someone is sick, especially mom.

Katrina said...

Sorry to hear about all those germs. I am with you on saying good bye to winter. Hope you are feeling better really soon!