Wednesday, February 09, 2011

02/09/11

More ice bubbles. :)
Mikayla tried out for Fine Arts Poetry and made it. :) She had tried out last year but it just wasn't her time. She is beyond excited and I am excited for her!

She got her poem yesterday.... and I have already heard it at least "100 times. " I am sure I will be hearing it lots more. She has to memorize it, which I know she will do well. Here is her poem... it is rather cute. :) Can you tell when it takes place?

Camel Complaint
by Marty Nystrom

"Rain, rain, go away,"
Cried Camille on the fortieth day.
"How much longer will it pour?
I just can't take it anymore!"

"I know that it's a blessing
To be sailing on this cruise,
But the weather's so depressing,
And I'm battling the blues."

"I don't mean to make a fuss,
To murmur and complain,
But we camels aren't accustomed
To a climate with much rain."

"I'm really not a grump,
It's just that my hump
Is drowning in this ever-drenching drizzle.
I sound like a scrooge,
But this daily deluge
Is causing all my fur to frizzle."

"The gator and the otter
Are at home in all this water;
'The wetter, the better,' they say.
But all this pitter-patter
Makes my teeth just clink and clatter
As I shiver in wet weather through the day."

"Surely you can understand,
I'm homesick for the desert sand,
And I cannot contain my sorrow.
I can only hope and pray
For an end to all this gray,
And that the sun will finally come tomorrow."

2 comments:

Mich said...

Love it! Very talented.

Anonymous said...

I love it , that was so cute. I love camels. Tell makayla that was very good! Love - Love!!