Tuesday, February 22, 2011

02/22/11

These pictures are so "picturesque" of a snowfall in the country. I absolutely love them both.

Wes loves this one the most. Anyone care to respond WHY?
Randomness today.

It was 75 here yesterday and 55 today. SHOCK to the system.

In the past two weekend we have seen the movies Nanny McPhee and Nanny McPhee Returns. Have any of you seen those? If not, you ought to... they are SO cute. I wish I had a stick like hers. ha!

We worked on the North Carolina project all weekend. I sat on the floor of my office for most of the 6 hours I helped them on Saturday. (I helped Wesley for 3 hours and then Mikayla for 3 hours.) I can't sit on the floor like I used to... my body will not allow it for long. We got a lot accomplished... we still have a lot more to do.

Did you know that Charlotte, NC was named after King George III's wife? Yep... and Mecklenburg County (which is where Charlotte is located) was named after her, too.

Cary, NC was named after an Ohio Congressman who was for prohibition. His name was Samuel Fenton Cary.

I'm learning right along with my children.

Today is George Washington's Birthday.

It is only Tuesday.

Is it spring yet?

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I knew it was George's birthday because in my day it was a federal/school holiday! So was Feb.12, Lincoln's birthday!

wendy said...

We sang happy birthday to George today. The kids loved it! And at least you didn't have triplets or quads. Think of how much more time you'd be spending on those NC projects ;)

Carrie said...

Oh, the North Carolina project. My mom still has mine. She should count it as her 3rd child for as long as I spent on it. :)

Gretchen said...

I love the first photo!
Did you know that Wake county is named after the 1st governor's wife (who resided in the Tryon Palace and was sent back to England during the Revolutionary war)? It was her maiden name.

That's about the only thing I remember from our tour of the palace. :)