Monday, February 01, 2010

02/01/10

February already. Wow, January didn't last long.

Day off from school meant a day to accomplish some things that would normally be rushed. Tomorrow is a two hour delay because there are some side roads that will still pretty icy in the morning.

Wesley built a small snowman today. This was not good snow for doing so until it melted and re-froze. It was a cutie.
Our dog, Boogie, was laying ON the snow/ice outside of the garage. She is a tough girl. That is not snow around her mouth.... she is around 16 years old so she is showing some age. She is so sweet.


The snow really dripped away today. I went out and captured the last little bits of ice this morning. As I was doing so, the water off the roof of the barn was pouring all over my head. So much for a good hair day. lol

I decided I needed to capture that water dripping so I did so in a lot of different shots. These were my favorites.... they seemed to capture each part I saw. The first and third show the water in big droplets. The middle shows a steady stream. It was fun trying to capture the melting snow. I have never done that before.


I had three more questions asked of me last week from my post. I'll answer one today.

My friend, "G", asked me how many pictures I take to get the "perfect" shot.

Well, that all depends. Sometimes I can take a picture of something and be totally excited over the first shot. Others, like those above, I took a lot to see what I could capture. I chose the first two and one of the last ones that I took. I like to try different angles and closeness with many shots so the first ones are usually just getting my lighting the way I want them and such. I guess there is no magic number. There have been many that I have taken that I thought were so awesome when I photographed them but when I looked at them on the computer I hated them. Same in the opposite way, there have been ones I have taken and thought "Hmmm.... not so good" but when I saw it on my computer it amazed me.

So, there you have it. My scientific formula for my pictures.

I'll answer the other two later, "G." :)

Anyone else got a question for me?

4 comments:

Katie said...

If you had all the money you wanted and could travel anywhere in the world to take pictures of something or someone, where would it be?

Glad you have been enjoying your snow days! : )

Katie said...

...oh and what would that "someone" and "something" be?

Amy said...

I take so many less than I used to, I'm better at getting what I had in mind sooner. Although, I do like to try different angles and sometimes different apertures. :)

Gretchen said...

I've learned that, as with most things, photography gets better with practice. You are my inspiration!