Saturday, February 06, 2010

02/06/10

At this time last week we had snow everywhere. Now, we have had tons of rain and up north they have gotten hammered with the snow. What a year so far! Click on this picture to view the detail of the sleet "balls" up close. I just love details and this is no exception!


Today has been a day filled with many activities in our household. Steve decided to paint the other side of the fireplace in the den with the same color we began in the kitchen. It looks so good. We're slowly but surely getting the house painted. Since Steve won't let me paint because of my issues with a paintbrush lovingly wants to do the painting himself, I guess I should say "HE" is slowly but surely getting it painted.

Mikayla had a sleepover at a friends house so I had to pick her up and then we went to find a new window treatment for the den. The hook/scarf combination that had been up there for over 13 years now was in need of a change. (It doesn't help that every time your best friend comes over she looks at it with humor..... She'll be proud to see the change, I think.) I bought a new rod and new valance and it looks lovely.

Mikayla and I made another cake this afternoon. This time a three-layered one. We have now made a cake three weekends in a row. This one is a chocolate layer cake again.

That icing.

OH. GOODNESS. GRACIOUS.

We'll see how the whole cake tastes tomorrow. Layers are now cooling and icing will be applied later. :)

Here is another question for you all.

What is your favorite childhood memory?

I'll have to reply on that one tomorrow, I think. Gotta think on that myself.

OH.

And Kevin?

Listen to my song from the other night and look at that link from yesterday.

Your loving sister.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

How could you???
Giving us details of a new family room with no pictures? We're waiting....

I am blessed to have MANY wonderful childhood memories. One of my favorites is of thunderstorms. My little brother would always show up at my bedroom door and say, "I'm not scared, but can I sleep in your room?"