Saturday, February 20, 2010

02/20/10

This ice was from our first snow. This is where I was hit on the head by melting snow from the barns trying to capture these and a few more! The ice looks like little beads on a necklace.



I had forgotten to respond to a question that KT asked me a week or so ago. :)

She asked if I could go anywhere in the world to photograph something where would I go and what would I photograph.
That is a hard one, actually.

There are so many places I would love to visit in this world. I don't think I could narrow it down. Here are just a few glimpses of places I'd love to visit and what I'd love to photograph. (All of that considering our "ship came in" and dumped a load of money in our laps. lol)

Europe
In general I'd love to visit ALL European countries. However, I'd love to go to Germany first because that is where my ancestors are from.

Austria would be wonderful so I could capture those beautiful scenes I have loved from the Sound of Music.

Great Britain has so many different areas to photograph... the busyness of London and all of the royal areas, Scotland in all its golfing glory, the countryside is just beautiful.

Asia
China - I'd love to visit the Great Wall of China someday.

Nepal/China - It would be awesome just to stand at the foot of Mt. Everest and photograph her from there. Climbing is not in my thoughts here....

India - Hmmm... yes, I would like to travel there but from watching Amazing Race on TV I know that it has some interesting areas. However, I do think seeing areas such as that would cause me to have an even greater appreciation for what I am blessed with in America.

South America
Chile - I'd love to view the ocean and see the mountains so close by. Chile has always been an interesting country to me... plus, I could go out to the Easter Islands to see and photograph those huge heads. ha!

Australia
Yep... the "Land Down Under"... would love to go all around there and photograph. I would also like to hop over to New Zealand in the process. BEAUTIFUL areas.

Africa
Kenya - the beauty of the animals there. I would have to have a serious telephoto lens so I wouldn't get eaten by a lion, but it would be awesome to observe.

Tanzania - I'd love to see where they mine the gem Tanzanite. ha!

North America
Well... I have so many places around North America I'd like to visit. This summer we'll get to take a trip to a certain area of our own country.... one that I am so excited to be seeing. Wanna know where we are going?????

Hmmm... I may have to surprise you.

There are so many places I didn't even list. Let's just say I wouldn't mind visiting all areas and learning about the people and how they live. I think all of that is so interesting.

Where would YOU love to travel if you could go anywhere in the world?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Italy... there is just something about it that fascinates me so. To photograph the people, the towns, the buildings, the streets and ally ways. Tuscany in particular...oh yes.
I would also love to visit Scotland as I am part Scottish and most of my family has been there.
Africa... the people there are so amazing! I have had the opportunity to meet amazing people from Zimbabwe, and Lesotho (the only country in the world within another country), and they have this overwhelming joy and passion that simply radiates from within them. To experience that firsthand would be awesome! My friend is going to be moving to Africa very soon to work with pregnancy care there and I would love to visit and photograph the people.
That was a hard question... ha!
Thanks for answering : )

Amy said...

Hmmm, I don't think I could narrow it down to one place. I'd love to spend a few months going all around Europe photographing castles. And then I'd like to visit the Great Wall of China, I see photos in my mind that I'd love to take. Oh, there are so many more... :)