Wednesday, February 03, 2010

02/03/10


This is a dandelion trying to survive in the snow. I actually think it was already on its last leg before teh snow hit. lol If I hadn't of been so cold I could have gotten better shots of it but I was having a hard time keeping my camera steady because I was shaking too much. ha!!!

I had to chuckle at some of the responses to my blog post on cleaning yesterday. Please don't think my house is immaculate at all moments in time and that there are never any dust bunnies, etc.... We LIVE in our house, however, when I clean I always do it the same way and try to get it as clean as possible. I have to clean under the washer/dryer each time because the cat food that sometimes gets underneath can cause ants. Before ants I didn't clean underneath every week. lol

On to today's question from "G."

When are you going to tell us more about your 20th High School reunion?

Well, there really wasn't much to tell, I guess. We had our twentieth reunion last November. It was basically the same group of people from the ten year and we've all "grown up".... some have less hair, some have more of themselves, some have been married, divorced and re-married. Some who are divorced are dating. One couple married, divorced and re-married each other and now have a baby less than a year.

What was interesting is the fact that I had taught a lot of their children in the past 15 years. I was honored when they "hooted and hollered" my name when I stood up to tell about my life now. Never did I think that would happen because of how things were in High School. ha!!

We shared stories we remembered from school. While I had friends in my class, I was closer with those in the class behind me (that is where "G" comes from...) so once we ate and chatted with everyone about "what is new" we went our separate ways. The ones who are still close stayed back and chatted further.

I soon realized that High School was a time in my life that I am thankful is over. I am thankful for the growth the Lord has caused in me and the fact that I have my very best friend in my life.... Steve. I am also thankful for the friends I have found in the last 20 years who have become true friends that love me no matter what. Some of those friends are still from High School ("G"), but most are from recent years. High School can be so superficial.... you don't really know someone like you THINK you do. You are so young, oh, so young. You just don't realize it until you look back twenty years later.

While I loved seeing everyone at the reunion, I am thankful it only comes every ten years or so. I don't feel comfortable trying to "fit back into the shoes" I wore in High School. I say these things not to put anyone down with whom I went to High School. It is more of a reflective thing for me to know that I am not that girl anymore.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hey Kellie! I finally made it to your blogspot! I love it! I agree with you about High School. No offense to anyone on my side either, but I am definitely a different person now, and I have no desire to even see those old "shoes" in which one might try to fit again! I thank the Lord that He has brought me so far and blessed me so well!

In regard to the cleaning blog, I was impressed. I really liked your ideas about spreading the laundry amoung different days. I am going to try that one! I think I need a Rainbow though because I have no attachments to get under my washer and dryer (How cool would that be?!). However, I am now worried about how bad it might be under there so I will put it on my cleaning list for tomorrow! :)

Have a great day! - Lori

Katie said...

Girl i haven't even had a 20th, 10th or even 1 year high school reunion and I whole heartedly agree with you! It was fun...sometimes, but now that my friends and I have all gone our separate ways it's interesting to see how our "true selves" are really starting to come out now that we don't feel the need to "fit in those shoes" for example. I don't have the years under my belt like you do (no age joke intended) but I think I at least partly understand about this one. My true friends are not from my high school class either... most of them are older than me.
Im a feelin ya girl, kt : )

Gretchen said...

Weeeellll, it's been my week, hasn't it?!
Thank you for answering all of my burning questions. =) I've been in the bed today with a terrible cold that I've been fighting off all week, so now I get to catch up on my blog peeps.


Great reunion recap, btw!