Thursday, February 25, 2010

02/25/10

A few snow covered thorns for your enjoyment today......

"Satan wants us to fear over the future, be angry over our present and have guilt over our past. But Jesus Christ brings peace."

I saw this quote on a blog I recently began reading. I loved it!

When I was a child it was so easy to say "squash the Devil, step on the devil, etc...". When I became a teenager/early adult, I figured if I was walking OK in the Lord then I wouldn't really have to worry about Satan doing these things to me. However, through my "later" adult years and even recently I have seen how Satan can take your weaknesses and turn them to fear, anger and guilt. He truly is a "roaring lion walking about seeking whom he may devour" and devour he does.

Satan tries to cause trouble in people, events, and circumstances and he thinks he's going to win. If we give in to those things he can get the best of us and then we lose our joy in the Lord. Anytime Satan can make a Christian miserable and doubtful he has succeeded in turning that person away from fully trusting in the Lord for his/her life.

We have to be prepared for battle.

We have to have our armor on and ready to fight.

We have to have our Sword of the Spirit... the Word of God... ready to cut away the false accusations Satan tries to use against us.

At those times in our lives may we draw further into God's Word so that we will be able to "stand against the wiles of the devil" and be "strong in the Lord." Satan has nothing for us except for failure and fear. Jesus came so that we may LIVE by faith in Him.

I love how the Lord Jesus put it in John 10:10, 11:

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

No comments: