Saturday, July 25, 2009

07/25/09

Today I made more batches of jams, etc.. Kevin came down and we made another day of it. Let's just say the second time around on the Spicy Plumb Butter was a hit! I also made Apple Conserve, Apple Preserves and two batches of Blueberry Jam...

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

Wish you all could taste 'em. They are so stinking good. No pictures today of that... we were "hoppin'" in the kitchen department. :)

No real "word picture of the week" this week, either. I think I have gotten a bit slack on that because of having to get back into some school things. However, I can "cheat" again... hee hee... We'll say the word picture of the week is "CAT"... simply because today Isabelle and Sampson celebrated their first birthday.

I can't believe it has already been a year. I must admit that when Ashes died so quickly, it left my heart void for her for a while. When Sampson and Isabelle came to live with us, things were better in that area, but I still didn't have that love for them that I had for Ashes.

I can now honestly say that my love for these two silly kitties has grown every day. I am so thankful we have both of them and didn't just get one. They have made us laugh so much and it has been so fun watching them together.

Isabelle is more nosy than Sampson. She loves to check things out by smelling everything. She is more laid back and loves to watch the shower after someone has taken a bath. She loves to sleep with the kids at night, but has to make her rounds to all rooms to make sure everyone is sleeping alright. lol She loves to be held but on her terms. She reminds us a bit of Ashes in that you can do anything to her and she'll come right back with love, but she has a spunk to her that Ashes never had, it seems.

Sampson is a scare-d-cat.... literally. lol He gets so scared over any loud noises, and he must hide somewhere... usually in Mikayla's closet. He does, however, love to pounce on birds and other creatures he sees through the windows. That is when he thinks he is "something else." He demands your attention and will literally reach up for you to take him. Mikayla holds him like a little baby with his paws around her neck. He will not stay with us long and usually only sleeps in Mikayla's room.

They both still have a habit of getting on countertops/tables when we are away or at night. We found we have to hide our bread because they eat through the bag! They also do that to bags of cat food (or anything they think smells like that) even though their bowls are full. They love tuna juice and Steve spoils them quite often with that treat. Sunshine is one of their favorite places to lay.. and Wesley asked me yesterday why they love it so much when they have fur! lol Good question... but they do!

Needless to say, our lives have become richer over the past year with them in it. I still miss Ashes, and sometimes it still gets me a little teary thinking about her, but the Lord sent us two sweet kitties that we adore and we are so thankful.

First pics of the babies....


Miss Isabelle in Mikayla's room. She is so spoiled. She is also hard to photograph with that half black/half light colored face. Her pictures never look that great to me, but she is so beautiful in person.....


Sampson on the ironing board.... he loves that area. We have nicknamed him "Sammy Boy."
He photographs so well...
I just love these kitties!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That last shot is just amazing, I love it! Your jams sounds so good, my favorite is a 'black cherry raspberry blood orange' that I get at Costco. I bet homemade ones are so much better, I'll have to try making some, maybe next year! :)

Amy said...

Awwwww happy birthday to your beautiful kitties!! Love the last shot!

I bet your jams are wonderful!!

Dream Big said...

Love the cats. We have two little dachsunds and I wouldn't be with either of them. Ok about the jams and jellies I say you need to share.